Today at the ‘Gift of Time’ class, we are looking at Strategy. The word strategy is of military origin and refers to a plan of action that is designed to achieve a particular goal. As we all have different goals, no doubt each person will have a different approach to getting to the desired results.
All goals when decided upon require focus and specificity on our part. We also have to take into account our reality, current circumstances, and the options available to us. A combination of these with our desire to achieve our objective is what will determine our success.
Consider your goals.
- State them in positive terms, what you want instead of what you don’t want.
- Apply focus and specificity: When? Where? How?
- Determine your level of commitment. How much of yourself are you willing to give to reach this goal, whether it is time, dedication or money!
- Examine the consequences. Is this goal in keeping with your values?
- Take action: Re-frame your goal. List the first few steps of your goal, and then do it!